Sunday, July 6, 2008

Getting Back To Our Journey

So here I am, 1 week into my ChildBirth Educator Certificate Program, and I like it a lot. I look forward to completing, and moving on to becoming a Doula and MidWife.
I originally thought that I would just teach classes but the more I thought about it, and looked at the way the situation of our country is, Free isn't really that Free anymore. And decided that there maybe a time in my lifetime where not all women will want to give birth in the government run Hospital and subject their children to being injected with lord only know what, and having their DNA captured and stored by the Government (this is already happing by the way The Article).
I know that when I was pregnant, I wanted a very natural birth, and got the exact opposite. I know that Lord willing, any future children will be preferable Home births assisted by Midwives in water.
I am looking forward this fall to starting to home preschool my soon to be 3 yr old, and as I am looking for resources for that, I am surprised at how far ahead she is compared with where the illusive they say that she should be. She knows her letters, most of their sounds, she can combine the sounds, can count to 10, can count things (ie how many squares are there?). So I am very excited, she is on track with her fine motor skills but I am looking forward to stocking up on crayons and coloring pages to let her go at it.
The husband, is in limbo. He has put in for an Assistant Management position, but there aren't any in this district, however there are positions in the Northern NH district so he is going to be finding out soon if he can get one of those positions. If he can we will be financially stable for the first time since Hurricane Katrina hit. We will still have some debt, but the amount will be much more manageable on the salary he will get. He will probably still get a part time job to help with the debt and to put money into savings but either way, it will be good.
We are just in a waiting pattern to see when and where he will get a position. Which could involve moving AGAIN...I will say that if we move up north I think that we will have to get him a 4x4 or AWD to drive to work in since our Ford Focus Wagon isn't great in the snow, and in Northern NH there is a lot more of it. Which entirely goes against our desire to move down south...but thats ok. God has a plan. If only I could get a peek at it. :)Sphere: Related Content

No comments: