Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fertility Treatments?? Children on demand?? Birth Control?? Part 2

Moving on to fertility treatments...
Now that you have decided that it’s time for you have children, it works into your schedule, your plan etc.
After trying for 12 months and not conceiving you now have the option to turning to the medical community for Clomid, Lupron, Injections, IUI, IVF etc.
As heartbreaking as it is to want a baby and not be able to have one, brings me to the question (that is not popular at all and my seem a little hostile or mean) Have you consulted with God in this? Have you prayed and asked for a clear determination on whether you should be having children at this time? Have you dedicated your womb (uterus) to His glory?
Consider Abraham and Sarah; they were barren for decades, DECADES to the point where they had Abraham lay with Hagar the maidservent.
15 God also said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. 16 I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her."
 17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, "Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?" 18 And Abraham said to God, "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!"
 19 Then God said, "Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. [d] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year." 22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.
Genesis 17.15-22
So at the ripe old age of about 100, far beyond child bearing years, God blessed them with a son.
They didn’t have the fertility treatments that we have today, so instead of waiting on God to move in our lives, and open our womb or restore our womb we are turning to Doctors. Some may argue that well, God gave Doctors the wisdom, and if God didn’t want it to happen then he could stop it. But God gave us free will, the ability to listen to His guidance, ask him for direction, and has provided a complete instruction book for our lives. So we have the choice to consult Him on what we do, and we have to then decide if we are going to listen to Him.
It is my feeling that if God wants to bless us with children then He will allow a pregnancy in His time, if that means that we are going to be trying for a long time then that is in His plan, if we aren’t going to every have children of our own, maybe He is leading us towards adoption, or maybe He doesn’t want us to have children of our own.
These are difficult things to hear, especially if you heart desires a child.
I am going to leave this at that for now, and will either update this or add part 3.

1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian maidservant named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, "The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her."
      Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian maidservant Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, and she conceived.
      When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. 5 Then Sarai said to Abram, "You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my servant in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the LORD judge between you and me." - Genesis 16.1-5Sphere: Related Content

No comments: